Civic Ensemble is pleased to announce that applications to participate in the
ReEntry Theatre Program’s 2018 Production are now available!
The ReEntry Theatre Program is an opportunity for those who have experienced incarceration at any time in their lives to take part in an arts-based program. Those returning from jail, prison, or a drug rehabilitation program welcome.
The group has been meeting weekly on Mondays at Day Reporting and have been building a new play about Family and ReEntry. Rehearsals for the 2018 Production will begin the first week of March 2018. We will rehearse two weeknights and one weekend day for the month of March. In April, this will increase to 3 weeknights and 1 weekend day until the final week of rehearsal when we will rehearse every night.
Performances will take place May 4-6 at Kitchen Theatre Company.
- This is a challenging and fun program where you will have an opportunity to participate in theatre and tell your story, supported by your peers, and Civic Ensemble artists
- You will gain valuable skills and job experience
- Bus passes and rides will be provided for those who need it for all rehearsals and performances
- Childcare will be provided for those who need it
- Participants will be paid a $300.00 stipend on the day of the final performance
What does the project entail?
- Attend all scheduled rehearsals
- Communicate clearly about availability, conflicts, and absences or late arrivals
- Commit 100% to the work
- Perform in the play
Applications are due Friday, February 9th, 2018 and can be handed in:
- Civic Ensemble Office: 115 E State Street, Ithaca, NY 14850, Above Autumn Leaves Bookstore
- Day Reporting: 320 W. Martin Luther King Jr./State Street
- Ithaca, NY 14850
- OAR: 910 W State Street, Ithaca, NY 14850
- You can also email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Call or text Sarah at 917-603-0621