ReEntry Theatre Program
Frequently Asked Questions
What is it?
- An opportunity for people who have been incarcerated to take part in an arts-based program
- A group of 10 formerly incarcerated participants will work individually and as a group to create short scenes and plays.
- Participants will work with theatre professionals from Civic Ensemble to develop material based on the ideas each individual brings. The topics of the plays and scenes will be chosen by the participants.
- The scenes and plays will be performed in a staged reading by actors for an audience of local business representatives, community members, friends, and family.
- Bus passes and rides will be provided for those who need it.
- Childcare will be provided for those who need it.
- Participants will be paid a $250 stipend on the day of the final performance.
- YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A WRITER OR ACTOR TO PARTICIPATE. Civic Ensemble will work with participants at all writing and reading levels to develop material that is meaningful to each person.
What’s great about it?
- Be among the first! This is a unique program now in it’s second year in our community; your participation can play an important role in its success.
- You will meet other positive-minded people who seek to improve their personal and professional life circumstances.
- Upon completion of this program you will have gained valid work experience, had interactions with community leaders, increased your self-confidence, and improved upon your social and job-related skills.
What is the time commitment?
- Participants will meet twice a week for 2 hours each time for 8 weeks.
- You will then rehearse and participate in the final performance event at a local theatre. At that event, you will have the opportunity to network with local business representatives.
- The program will begin on January 17th and conclude with the public performances on March 25th and 26th in the evening.
How do I apply?
Click here for an application: ReEntryTheatreProgramApplication