Civic Ensemble creates theatre that explores and explodes the social, political, and cultural issues of our time. We bring audiences of different races, classes, and experiences together in a public forum on the American experiment.
HOW WE DO IT:
- Affordable Productions and Workshops of New Plays by or about women and people of color;
- Community-Based Plays developed and performed by community members;
- In-School and Out-of-School education programs;
- Productions of Classic Plays re-imagined for a contemporary audience.
WHY WE DO IT:
- Theatre is everyone’s birthright, onstage and off.
- Ithaca-based theater practitioners deserve an artistic home.
- Our obligation to emerging American playwrights is to produce their plays, not just develop them.